Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back to Fertility


This is probably TMI, but last week Aunt Flo (AF) showed up. I couldn't believe it! I was only 7 weeks postpartum, which is the earliest that it has ever shown up.

But, I was kind of happy, because then I didn't have to worry about the birth control thing. I was stressing about the birth control situation because with me nursing I wouldn't be able to tell when my fertile days were.

Now, I don't have to worry about that so much. I want to purchase a Pearly or Lady Comp, which will tell me when my fertile days are and then I can judge myself accordingly. That sounds wonderful! :)

Out of fear I deliberated just getting on the minipill. When I had my 6 week check up, the nurse midwife, who is a young, warm-hearted young woman, told me that she would definitely get on the minipill after she has her baby, and then back on the pill. She told me this after I asked her what birth control option she used. She is 12 weeks pregnant, and she told me it's the furthest that she has gotten in a pregnancy so far.

She told me that she has had several miscarriages in the past. That just fed into my fear that taking hormonal birth control might lead to problems getting pregnant when I might want more children. I do realize that many women have miscarriages without having been on the pill before, but it is a fear of mine.

Anyways, I'm thankful that I can now use a fertility monitor to help me with natural methods of birth control.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...