Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Time management

I must admit that working from home has its own set of challenges. I have a 10 month old( tomorrow) who is quite active. I would do great if I woke up early in the mornings, but I don't. He is basically my alarm clock, waking me up with his cries in the morning. Only occasionally do I awake before he does.

Naptime is the 1 1/2- 2 hour crunch that I try to cram most of my writing time in. And, then of course, there is late at night, which is another time that I do most of my writing. I'm doing what I have to do, but it would be so nice to just go at a leisurely pace during the day. When he's sleeping, I make a mad dash to the computer to complete writing assignments. Somedays it's great, other days, I dread looking at the computer.

But, I'm going to keep plugging away at it, and pray that I become more efficient with my time. Someone told me that the best work at home jobs for a mom are certain online businesses. With that you simply answer emails and supply the requested items. She didn't go into specifics on how profitable her business was though. But, it's a nice idea.

All you work at home moms out there, I encourage you to keep going. For those who stay at home without trying to earn an income from home, please remember just how blessed you are.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...