Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Each Day is Important

It's a rainy Labor Day here, and I'm savoring this relaxed time at home with my family. Sometimes I forget how important my job is as mother to my children, and my responsibility to train and mold them. Sometimes I get in a rut, and feel like I'm going through the motions. But, today I just thought about how powerful my role as mother is.

I am so blessed to be their mommy. My daughter just turned 3 a few days ago, so for three weeks I will have two three year olds! My son will turn 4 at the end of September. It's funny that they are the same age for exactly three weeks every year.

I was reading a few weeks ago about Marian Robinson, Michelle Obama's mother, who was a full-time homemaker until Michelle was in high school. She taught both of her children to read before they entered school. They were allowed to watch 30 min. of TV while they were young children, and spent much of their day reading and playing board games.

Reading that inspired me, because Marian Robinson and her husband laid a strong foundation for their children, who both ended up very successful. I love hearing stories of women who were homemakers and proud of their role, and the fruits of their labors.

It gives me more motivation to be the best wife and mother that I can be. Even when daily life seems mundane, it really is not, because each day, every routine, everything I teach, is helping to shape and mold my children, and it is important.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...