Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Have You Had A Doula?

So, I'm about seven weeks away from my due date. Writing that just now made me nervous, because that is pretty soon! :) As I've mentioned before, I am trying to go for a VBAC this time around. Part of me is accepting of having to have a C-section again if I have to, but I really want to experience a vaginal birth.

With that said, I'm considering hiring a doula. I've read that doula's can make such a positive difference with giving birth. I wanted to know if anyone out there has had a doula, and is it something that you would highly recommend? Or did you think you could have done just as well on your own?

2 comments:

Katie Gregory said...

Just found your blog - lovely! :) Thanks for writing!

Congrats on your pregnancy - almost there (if you haven't given birth already!). Did you ever find a doula? If not - it might not be too late. You should definitely get one. :) (I myself am a doula - and we are hiring a doula for our second child's birth this summer.) Doulas are fabulous and will be a true comfort, especially facing a VBAC.

Best of luck and blessings to you!

LaSandra said...

Have you decided about the doula yet?

I know you don't have alot of time left, but I read Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth during the time of my birth and I found it really helpful too. My doula suggested it!

Hope you're well! What's your due date?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...