Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Numb

I'm surprised at how much the passing of Michael Jackson has affected me. I felt a numbness for most of the day yesterday. Late in the evening it started to sink in, and I started crying. Of course I've never met Michael Jackson, but I felt like I had lost someone in my family or something.

My brothers, sister, and I used to watch The Jacksons: An American Dream movie a million times. We watched it so much together that we would say the words right along with the actors throughout most of the movie. I remember watching Thriller, and all of the other popular MJ videos in the 80's hundreds of times along with my siblings.

I'm sad that he's gone, and it still feels like it's not really true. He was a legend, and he will be truly missed. My prayers are with his family.

1 comment:

Donalacasa said...

I DID meet him when I was 7 at a concert. My 17yo daughter is just dumbfounded. I haven't cried yet. I told my daugther that I probably wouldn't until the funeral. I'm sure Stevie Wonder will sing. That will be enough to make the tears start.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...