Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Purpose

I thoroughly enjoyed watching The Oprah Show finale yesterday. I actually kind of teared up at the end.

I loved what she had to say about finding your purpose in life, and when you find it you know it because you just know that that is what you are suuposed to be doing with your life. A person's platform may be a classroom or co-workers, or their family, but however large or small, it's up to us to find out our purpose and live it out.

That really resonated with me, and I feel inspired to make EVERY MOMENT COUNT. My pastor talked about that at church this past Sunday. It's important to live every day to the fullest, and enjoy it, and make it count.

For me that includes being the best wife and mother that I can be, serving others as much as I can, writing, mentoring, connecting with friends and family, and reading great books. Those things bring me such joy and it's important to make sure that I spend time doing the various things that I enjoy.

I'm learning how important it is to be grateful for every blessing that I have, even when times are hard. Being grateful helps you to enjoy your life and live it to the fullest, because you're not wasting time thinking about what you don't have or what else you could be doing. Instead, you're grateful for the time you have now, and the people around you that you can share your life with.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...