Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dresses/Skirts

For the past month or so, I have been wearing more dresses and skirts, both maternity, and just larger sized dresses, and I must admit I feel more feminine when I dress that way.

I suppose that should be self explanatory. But, not necessarily so, because it's rare for me to see young ladies wear dresses/skirts a lot.

It's interesting, because when I was in high school, or maybe it was college, I realized that I preferred wearing skirts and dresses as opposed to jeans and shorts. But, it wasn't because of modesty or the fact that it was more feminine, but because it was way more comfortable. With properly fitting dresses and skirts, I felt my body could breathe better, and it was just roomier and more comfortable. Although I enjoy wearing jeans, oftentimes they feel restrictive after a period of time.

I realize that when I go out now, people look at me differently. It's like they notice me more, but in a very respectful way. It's probably also due to the fact that I'm noticeably pregnant. I've even had guys to stop me and compliment me on how nice I look. They preface it by saying that they do not mean to be rude or disrespectful, but they just couldn't help but tell me how nice I looked.

I think that my feminine attire kind of inspires people. It sounds kind of weird, but I remember being inspired by ladies that I saw who looked really feminine and pretty in what they were wearing.

There is just something beautiful about being truly feminine and carrying yourself in a lady-like, feminine way. It makes me feel good when I go out to know that I'm presenting my best self. Not in a flamboyant way, but just simply feminine, and taking care to make sure that my hair is neat and I have a touch of lipstick on.

It's amazing how beauty inspires people. And there is beauty in being feminine, kind and lady-like.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...