Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Feminine Friday: Dressing Femininely

I was out of town on Friday, so I was unable to write my Feminine Friday post. I do want to talk about being feminine, and dressing the part. On Friday I went to my mother-in-law's 50th birthday party celebration, and I enjoyed myself. I wore a nice little black dress that was fitted in the waist, and flared a bit. The dress came to my knees, and it had small straps. I wore a pretty shawl to throw over my shoulders, complete with some cute, high heeled silver shoes. I wish I had taken a picture to post here, but I didn't. Sorry.:( Here's an example of the dress:



The dress was made similar to the middle dress, except it had straps, and the dress had sequins on it. I loved wearing it. I felt so feminine to be dressed up and in high heels again. I absolutely love a cute dress with nice heels. I feel so ultra feminine. While I was pregnant with my second child, I basically always wore a cute dress and shoes, and I felt so beautiful.

I say this because I think that all women should take the time to dress themselves in a way that makes them feel beautiful and feminine. Dressing that way on the outside can have a tremendous effect on how we present ourselves, our mood, and the way we carry ourselves. Now, I'm not saying that it should be all about how we dress, because it definitely is not. But, I encourage all ladies to take effort and care in how they present themselves to the world.

Since having my daughter I slipped into a rut, because I was basically home all the time. I usually wear things that are not ultra feminine, and it does affect my mindset. When I shower and throw on something pretty and feminine, I feel so much better, and much more motivated to do what I need to do for the day.

It's okay to be a pretty mama. Just because you have children, or are at home most of the day, does not mean that you don't put forth the effort to be pretty and feminine. I think it's wonderful to cultivate our beauty on the outside as well as the inside. What a wonderful way to minister to our husbands and children!

On Friday, I hope to post more about this subject for Feminine Friday. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Here's to a happy Monday, and getting the week started off right!

1 comment:

Kate said...

This is something that's been on my mind lately, too. For some reason, it seems easier to wear a pair of jeans, but I have several casual skirts in my closet. I think the reason I don't wear them all the time is because most of them aren't exactly right. One is a little too short, one not quite full enough, etc. I'd love to learn to sew, so I could make my own skirts!

I definitely agree, though, that dressing in feminine clothing makes me feel a lot more beautiful! I also find dresses to be more comfortable and more modest. (I like full, ankle-length skirts.)

~Kate
"Which Proverbs 14:1 Woman?"
http://proverbs14-1.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...