Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mommy Socialization

a


I'm thinking of joining a local Mocha Moms chapter. Mocha Moms is a support group for African American stay at home moms.

I really want to join a chapter, because I really want to connect with other stay at home moms.

For most of the day I am in the house with my children, and that's great most days, but sometimes I just want to get out and let the children play while I socialize with another mom with children.

And, I don't have that.

When I take the children to the park and other kid activities I don't have another mom to regularly socialize with. I think it will boost my morale to join a group and meet other local stay at home moms, since I'm not really meeting others on my own.

I think it will be a great opportunity. I will update on how it goes in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a new young wife and we recently move to Va for his job. This means me being away from my home town which is Atlanta,GA. While, I don't have children like you do but often searching for group of stay at home wives. As , I am still trying to get a handle of things as a new wife and it would be so nice to hear and just mingle with womens like myself who love the lord. I really appreciate your blog and the advice you give is absolutely awesome. While, I have heard of Mocha Mom, in some states it isn't active so somethings that a good idea to meet other moms is to perhaps start your own group or even join meet up because they have tons of stay at home or home school groups the only reason why I know this is because ( have been searching myself and we don't even have a child!!)but I have been doing tons of projects just like you recommend on your blog :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...