Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Faith





So, today, I woke up early again, and completed a writing assignment. I was proud about that. Yeah, two days in a row!!

I was feeling kind of bummed a bit today, because my husband found out yesterday that he will be getting out of the military on disability. Now, on the one hand, I'm excited because we will be able to live close to our families. But, on the other hand, I'm kind of nervous. Well, quite a bit nervous, because this is not a good time to leave a secure job and try to find another one. I truly thrive on security. (Well, maybe I don't totally, since I did quit my job, knowing that I had debts to pay.) But, anyways, I'm kind of scared. I kind of like being a part of military life. There's guaranteed housing, paycheck, insurance. And, I like that.

My husband tells me to just trust him, that everything is going to work out fine. Now is the time for the whole wifely submission thing. Just trust your husband and submit to his leadership. Of course, that is much easier said than done. I keep thinking, "What if he doesn't find another job?" "How long would he go before he finds another one?" All kinds of thoughts are running through my head.

This morning, I thought to myself that I need to just trust God in this situation. He will provide. He has been doing just that so far. The God who has enabled me to find work from home to earn money, is the same God who will help my husband find a job. (I hope!!!) O me of little faith! :(

I have no choice but to trust in God at this time, and pray that everything will fall into place as it should. And, pray for my husband, that God leads him in the direction that he should go. The more I pray about it, the better I feel.

4 comments:

Soulhealer said...

I just wanted to encourage you. I stay at home and homeschool. It has been tough many times. My husband has had to work 6 days a week just to meet our budget. Well, for the last almost 3 months his overtime has been cut but God has provided all of our needs. He has shown us that HE alone is our provider, not a job! Praise Him, He is so very good to us! Trust Him and learn to believe that He alone is your provider!

Anonymous said...

Not to worry. This has not taken God by surprise, continue to trust Him. Also, I would suggest you resist the urge to ask DH a lot of "what are we going to do" questions. You may ask The Lord to put a watch over your tongue so that you only speak about this at His leading.

This is my daily prayer because I love to process ideas by talking and I realize that this puts more stress on my husband. I am not successful always, but I try to take my concerns to The Lord and have a word "fitly spoken" when DH is ready to discuss.

Anonymous said...

Very true. True faith is just letting go and letting God. We cant pick and choose when we're going to trust God or its not true faith. He is our provider.

S. Belle said...

Thank you so much ladies for your kind words of encouragement. I do need to just continue to trust in God to provide and not worry.

404momi, I needed that reminder to not ask a lot of questions, because I have already, and it has frustrated my husband.

Thanks again, ladies, for your comments. I appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...